The main aim of the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Chair (SBBC) at Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur is to initiate to provide information through research on different aspects of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto’s entire political career, specially her work for democracy in Pakistan and to publish the books on different aspects of her life and politics and to facilitate the peoples to understand her political Struggle. In this regard the Chair has also been opened to assist different research scholars in getting relevant material on Benazir Bhutto.
Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Chair (SBBC) has also established the Museum in which belonging of Benazir Bhutto will be display. Apart from that Chair would also organize extension lecture series, national and International seminars and conferences and the day will be calibrated which are relevant to the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto.
Apart from that to carry out the research activities, to initiate and administers the research projects for untiring efforts of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto on the following areas:
- Promotion of Democracy in the Country.
- Human Rights and Fundamental Freedom.
- Pakistan as welfare State.
- Strengthen the federation.
- Promotion of Education and Health.
- Participation of Women on Principle of Gender parity.
- Developing and displaying items/belongings of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto in Museum.
- Any other work related to Bhutto Legacy.
The research on the above areas will encourage all segments of society to follow the path of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto for the improvement of socio-economic and cultural conditions of the people. Moreover the lectures, Seminars and the conferences, will also be the part of the activities if the Chair along with Research on the above mentioned areas.