SALU Software Technology Park
Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) is an apex Government body mandated to promote Pakistan’s IT Industry in local and international markets. PSEB facilitates the IT industry through a series of projects and programs in infrastructure development, human capital development, company capability development, international marketing, strategy and research, and the promotion of innovation and technologies.
Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur has attained support of PSEB to establish a SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY PARK (STP)at the largest public university of upper Sindh. SALU has allocated a space of 5000sqft for establishment of this STP.
The Collaboration between SALU and PSEB will result, i.e.
- CAPACITY-BUILDING OF IT COMPANIES
- PSEB and SALU would work together to enhance academia – IT industry linkages so that both academia and IT industry can better understand reciprocal needs.
- Facilitation desk will be set up at SALU for the purpose of facilitating students, freelancers, start-
ups and entrepreneurs. Facilitation desk shall be managed by SALU and facilitated by PSEB.
- PSEB will assist SALU in technology training modules and language courses to train IT students
in emerging technologies, and build up a critical mass of qualified manpower to support and
sustain the development of IT industry.
- PSEB will work with SALU to increase the academia and industry linkages for better
understanding of each other’s needs.
- TECHNOLOGY CITIES & SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY PARK (STPs)
- SALU will provide specific area for establishment of Software Technology Parks (STPs) located
at Khairpur and other areas where they have presence for IT businesses, start-ups and freelancers.
Establishment of infrastructure and future development to be Mutually agreed by both parties.
- The tenants of the said Software Technology Parks (STPs) will be technology and/or software
companies, business process outsourcing companies, call centers and IT start-ups.
- PSEB will provide internet bandwidth to the Software Technology Parks (STPs) as per
requirements of the tenants.
- PSEB being facilitator of IT Industry shall market and extend all possible support to start-ups,
freelancers and IT graduates in populating the software technology parks.
- ACAMEDIA/INDUSTRY COLLOBRATION
- PSEB will make all efforts to create business matchups for the freelancers, start-ups and/or IT
Companies of SALU students, alumni and/or teachers and affiliates with international companies
through Pakistan’s counsellor generals and trade counsellors abroad.