The development project of Shah Latif University Botanical Garden & Herbarium (SLUBGH) was funded by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad. SLUBGH was upgraded as Centre for Biodiversity & Conservation (CBC) vide approval by the Governor/Chancellor Universities of Sindh on 24th, December, 2009.The collection of this herbarium specimens includes diverse collection of flowering plants, gymnosperms, ferns etc. To brief, the herbarium of today is research, training and service institution that serve as a reference centre, documentation facility and data storehouse. Shah Latif University Herbarium & Botanical Garden have above 5000 specimens.
1. Store Collections
2. Exchange of Species
3. Botanize the various habitats
Facilities at Shah Latif University Botanical Garden & Herbarium
1. Online Data Bank Access with illustrations
2. Scanning Electron Microscope, Stereo Microscopes, Compound Microscopes, Trinocular Microscopes, Portable Weather Station, GPS etc.
1. Gorag Hill Kirthar Range in DADU
2. Takkar Wildlife Sanctuary in Khairpur District
3. Bhindi Forest Sukkur
4. Mehrano Wildlife Refuge in Khairpur District
5. Nara Desert in Khairpur District
6. Taxonomic And Palynological Studies Of Flora From Lakhan-Jo-Daro, Sukkur.
7. Tharparkar District