Mr. Rashid Hussain Amur
Centre for Biodiversity & Conservation (CBC)
The CBC was inaugurated on 2nd. February, 2010 by Dr. Javid R. Laghari, Chairman, Higher Education Commission (HEC), Islamabad, to undertake advance research and studies in the field of biological and environmental aspects. The Centre includes three divisions:
a) Floristic Diversity Division;
b) Faunstic Diversity Division;
c) Environmental Science Division.
“Protection and sustainable use of natural resources by the people; keeping high priority in maintaining the ecological balance in various ecological zones of Pakistan. To develop human resources with teaching/research oriented programmes for the degree of Bachelor, Master and Doctorate in defined disciplines/Divisions”.
Keep surrounding clean
As an apple in day keeps doctor away similarly if your surrounding is clean then you no need to visit doctor frequently. SLUBGH motive is to convey this message to all in order to keep area, locality, city, and country clean by taking little efforts like don’t through reapers, box on public places but in dust bin, if it is not available the keep at corner or find proper place to dump it.
Facilities at Shah Latif University Botanical Garden & Herbarium
1. Online Data Bank Access with illustrations
2. Scanning Electron Microscope, Stereo Microscopes, Compound Microscopes, Trinocular Microscopes, Portable Weather Station, GPS etc.
1. Gorag Hill Kirthar Range in DADU
2. Takkar Wildlife Sanctuary in Khairpur District
3. Bhindi Forest Sukkur
4. Mehrano Wildlife Refuge in Khairpur District
5. Nara Desert in Khairpur District
6. Taxonomic And Palynological Studies Of Flora From Lakhan-Jo-Daro, Sukkur.