DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISTRY
Biochemistry plays a major role for the betterment of human beings, animals and plants. Biochemistry course will give grounding in a subject that forms the basis of virtually all of the biological sciences. Department of Biochemistry is dedicated to teach biochemistry in a stimulating environment and provides opportunity to learn and perform experiments. Students perform experiments and motivated for research. The Master courses in biochemistry were started in 1996 in Department of Chemistry. Biochemistry department is functioning as full-fledged department since 2004. Presently students are enrolled in different courses for the degree of B.S (4 Year Program), M. Sc Pass, M.S/M.Phil and Ph.D. The minor courses of biochemistry are also taught in other departments such as Microbiology, Botany, Zoology and Chemistry.
To achieve these goals, all students enrolled in our programs are expected to:
- Increase awareness of the universe at the bimolecular level.
- Understand biochemical behavior of matter and its role in life
- Prepare for careers in biochemistry and related fields.
- Develop skills including ability to think logically, evaluate the experimental data critically and draw the fruitful
- Learn personality development skills for organization and time management in life.
- Develop strong academic background for better performance and give solution to the problems of the field.
- Develop knowledge how to setup and operate scientific equipment used in the study of biochemistry and advance
To make graduates ready to face the professional challenges of the modern world and seek golden careers.
- B.S (Four-Year)
- M.Sc (Two-Year)
Mr. Muhammad Saleem Lashari
Department of Biochemistry
Ms. Erum Malik
(Abroad for PhD under FDP project)
Department of Biochemistry
SCHEME OF STUDIES FOR BS FOUR YEAR PROGRAM
Passing Marks 60%
- Each theoretical subject marks 100
- Each Practical Marks 100
- Research Project/ Practical Work 200
- B.S Total Marks of Eight Semesters 6800
- M.Sc Total Marks Four Semesters 3100
LIST OF ELECTIVE COURSES
- Research Project / Internship
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Food Processing and Preservation (Elective-II)
- Industrial Processing of Edible Oils & Sugar
- Milling Backing and Quality Assurance
- Meat Sciences
- Radiation Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Fermentation Biotechnology
(Or any other course subject to availability of expertise).
- Advanced Enzymology
- Biochemistry of Drugs and Resistance
- Phytotherapeutic Agents
- Cell and Tissue Culture
- Biochemistry of Marian Food Products
- Biochemical aspects of Hematology (Elective-I)
- Biochemistry of Pesticides
- Advance Nutrition and Dietetics
- Principles and Application of Biotechnology
- General Virology
- Antimicrobials & Chemotherapy (Elective-III)
- Urolithiasis (Elective-IV)